Well the lovely Sherri of http://sherrimatthewsblog.com/ A View From My Summerhouse nominated me so thank you Sherri. I have to confess I have very little clue about what I am supposed to do now. According to the rules I have to select 15 blogs to nominate. Well I don’t have 15 yet so this could be a fairly brief post.
oh and 7 things about me
1) I have worked at 2 Olympics
2) I have been on Grandstand
3) I did a special study on Volcanic Hazards in Iceland as part of my degree
4) I still have 4 baby teeth even though I am in my late 30s
5) I have been round the world 3 times but I don’t like flying
6) I scored 174 in a supervised Mensa test when I was 16 (172 was the maximum score on the test but because I was under 18 it was adjusted to take into account my age) – shame I have a rubbish memory so it means nothing
7) I love lavender
now my nominees
ok well I don’t follow many blogs yet so I will come back to this when I find some but to start off …
http://jerasjamboree.com/ – I will be amazed if Shaz hasn’t already had this but it was thanks to our husbands working together that I found her blog and started doing my own. One day perhaps I will be able to run as successful a blog as she does.
http://eileenlangsley.wordpress.com/ – Eileen Langsley is one of the most amazing photographers in the World and astonishingly I really think she doesn’t realise just how good she is. I feel very lucky to be friends with such a lovely and inspirational lady. She has done a lot for the role of women in sports photography and has won many awards. Eileen has worked at an unbelievable number (if even countable) of major international sporting events including 13 Olympic Games and although she is best known for her work in gymnastics (which is how I know her) she has also worked across a whole range of sports producing photographs which not only capture the sporting achievement but the atmosphere and personalities of the competitors. I feel honoured to be her friend.